Serve, Celebrate and Share Christ through Stewardship and Care of People, Place and Money
Serve Christ by Witness, Common Mission and service to the world
Through our Strategic Planning Workshops, we affirmed that the Church of Our Saviour has a great energy and spirit of outreach and serving the community. Many opportunities are offered to share Christ through numerous outreach efforts.
At the heart of the congregation of Our Saviour is our active devotion to serving Christ by serving others. Demonstrated by the many outreach programs we support and by the recognition from the community; Mission and Outreach is one of our most distinct advantages as a congregation.
The Episcopal Church of Our Saviour sees itself as a vital part of the vibrant revitalization of Old Town Rock Hill. Our focus on Celebrating, Serving and Sharing Christ’s message permeates throughout our rich and welcoming worship, our active mission and outreach, our strong and supportive leadership; and our robust and energetic youth ministry. We are a Church focused on stewarding God’s gifts to the betterment of our congregation, our community and God’s creation as a whole.
Mission and Outreach
Our Saviour participates in many outreach activities.
- Pilgrims inn
- Christians Feed the Hungry
- Rolling in Rock Hill – This is a very successful effort, particularly with the help of many student volunteers. Rolling in Rock Hill provides a wonderful opportunity for city government, churches, businesses, civic organizations, and citizens to work together to make Rock Hill a great place to live. Hundreds of volunteers work in teams to paint the houses of those who are either physically or financially unable to do it themselves.
- Chili Cook-Off
- Pilgrim’s Inn
- Family Promise
- Diocese Campaign for Cange
- Stop Hunger Now
- United Thank Offering
- Souper Supper / Christmasville
- Winthrop Episcopal-Lutheran Campus Ministries (WELCM) – Meets on Tuesday nights at the ‘White House’ next door to Grace Lutheran Church during the academic year.
These joyful and welcoming young adults meet weekly for conversation, meals, Bible study, desserts, reflection on their daily lives, home-made treats, faith development, and did I mention, the food and community is free?! Get to know students, and the people who care about them. Come to a place where you can be yourself. Take a break from the fast paces of student life and enjoy a meal around a dinner table and conversation on a comfy couch. All are welcome at WELCM! For details on how to get involved, browse to the Winthrop Cooperative Campus Ministries.
- Sunday Basket Offerings – We rotate the basket each week for: Cange, Haiti, Christians Feed the Hungry , York Place Pilgrims Inn, Family Promise, The Haven Men’s Shelter, Priest’s Discretionary Fund.
- Parish Life: Pastoral Care – The purpose of Pastoral Care is to provide support for parishioners and their families during times of need – births, illnesses, deaths, etc.
- Finance – Stewardship, Capital Campaign
- Foundation – The Our Saviour Foundation supervises three separate accounts. One to be used for maintenance and repair of the London window and general needs of the altar area. A second for mission and outreach purposes. Third, to support both mission and outreach as well as capital needs. All undesignated memorials are placed in this account, please consider supporting the Foundation, contact the parish office for more information.
- Facilities – Buildings and Grounds – The Jr Warden and this committee is charged with overseeing the upkeep and improvements to the overall beauty and structural/operational integrity of buildings & grounds of the church campus.
- — Memorial garden